CARD Pakistan focuses on conservation of water resources and efficient use of available water. The programme has twin approach of reviving traditional methods in tandem with modern technology. The financial resources for rainwater harvesting are mobilized from the community to create ownership of the programme, Eco friendly farming practices such as organic farming, vermin-composting, use of bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides are promoted through awareness, training and assured accessibility of resources. Cultivation of medicinal herbs; floriculture; and sericulture have been promoted to enhance the farm income.
- Develop a strategy for empowering the communities by promoting the self-help motivated concept and increasing the self-esteem
- Develop long term and short term development plans after analyzing the available internal and external resources.
- Promote sustainable livelihoods options, Environment echo-system based approaches to build community resilience and disaster management and mitigation.
- Improve Education, Health and Women Empowerment through community awareness and community based participatory development processes.
- Launch advocacy campaign for human rights.
- Strengthen the organizational and management capacities and skills of local community based organizations.