CARD-PAK establish a Women Technical and Skill Development Training and Information Center at HUB LEIDA, jointly funded by CFLI , LCCI, Community and CARD-PAK.
Hub city has more than 200 industrial units according to labour department Lasbela district there are 17,000 male workers and 2000 women workers are employed in the industries at Hub. Mostly women workers are non local as they come from Karachi because the majority of local woman unskilled. The project will therefore, established technical skilled development and training center to assets woman in developing/enhancing there skill and marketing there products at a large skill. this project will trained traditional volunteers from the community that were not targeted in last year CFLI funded projects to support the already established Disaster Early warning information and training center , In addition this project will trained additional fisherman and improved fishing skills and Technics.
The project also envisages to establish a Women Technical and Skill Development Training and Information Center at HUB LEIDA, which will undertake the following:
- Train women in basic skills and modifying their home made products
- Provide information to women seeking to establish their own business.
- Advice women seeking connection and networking with women entrepreneurs.
- Disseminate information to achieve economic stability.
- Make liaison for job placement for skilled women.
- Help the businesses and entrepreneurs to be registered in Lasbela Chamber of Commerce and industry and its membership.
- Promote E-commerce by using social media to advertise the home-made products to attract the national and international buyers.
- Establish a catalogue for the products to be advertised.
- Create linkages among Home-based women workers and entrepreneurs for better results by sharing ideas and cooperation.